Hearing loss is typically a gradual process, making it easy to overlook the subtle changes in your ability to perceive sounds. Even though children are regularly tested, the majority of adults don’t even consider scheduling a hearing test like they would their vision. So why would your hearing be any less relevant than your vision?
Here are 6 reasons to have your hearing examined on a regular basis:
- Spotting the Signs: Day-to-day situations can reveal potential hearing problems. Do you regularly need people to repeat what they said? Do you have a hard time hearing in noisy settings? Are you frequently turning up the volume on your TV? If you answered “yes” to the majority of these questions, it’s time for a hearing exam.
- Following Guidelines: The American Speech-Language-Hearing Association advises hearing screenings every 10 years until age 50, and every three years after that.
- Family History Matters: It’s even more important to call us for an appointment if hearing impairment runs in your family.
- Establishing a Baseline: Baseline hearing tests give a frame of reference for future hearing examination comparisons, allowing you to track changes in your hearing over time.
- Early Diagnosis and Treatment: Issues, like earwax accumulation, or noise-induced hearing loss, can be detected early on by regular hearing tests, avoiding further damage.
- Diagnose Medical Conditions: Hearing loss can on occasion point to root medical conditions like diabetes, high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, or kidney disease. Addressing these conditions may improve your hearing.
Your physical safety, emotional well-being, and social life are some of the far-reaching consequences of neglected hearing loss. Hearing aids can substantially improve your hearing and overall quality of life, permitting you to fully take part in conversations, enjoy social gatherings, and remain alert to important sounds in your environment.
Don’t miss out on important work meetings, the laughter of your grandchildren, or the voice of a loved one.
Make an appointment for a hearing exam with us right away to safeguard your hearing health and rediscover the sounds that enhance your life.